CREATIVITY JOURNAL

orangestarfishbanner2
Definition of "creative", according to my dictionary:
creating; able to create; inventive, imaginative; showing imagination as well as routine skill.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Mostly photos

I got to melt glass on Saturday, and yesterday and today I made my first ring. The first photos I took were at the wrong ISO (duh) so I retook but now there is a hair caught under one of the rivets. Honest, it was shiny and clean when I first photographed it.

First, the ring. Two shots. Please ignore the binder clip support. I realize it could use more polishing, and there is a little metal sticking out from under one rivet, but I was just fooling around when I started it and I'm actually more pleased than I should admit.





Now for the glass. Mostly played with dots this time. Turns out transparent dots on a transparent bead are very confidence inspiring - probably just because the flaws don't stand out much.









In this last photo the dark bead is black with iris gold dots. I want to try this again as there is an interesting blue effect under the dots.

No comments: