Completely not on the theme of "Copper Nights" but I have a copper WIP that will show up in some other week now. These are simple pendants made with my own lampwork - the first time I've ever made anything with my own beads. I recently annealed every bead I have ever made that survived unbroken. Actually, as long as they didn't break through the hole they were annealed. I wasn't picky. I'll probably never use most of them but I like some well enough.
I restricted myself to the new 4pack sampler I have of CiM Messy colours in celadon, ginger, butter pecan and Gelly sty pink. Mostly. There is some white as well and the fish has sage eyes.
The fish lost a fin which you can't see because it allows him to lie nicely on that side. I'm most pleased with the dot bead on the end. It isn't all that well done, but it is the first time I've intentionally made a bead with both layered dots and raised dots, and I think it turned out okay.
Here's a closeup of that one, and the fish too for good measure.
I realized that I forgot to post these photos earlier in the week. Two copper etchings. The house is 3-1/2" on the long edge and the tiger is 5-1/2". I am going to redo the tiger to try to get more detail.
The theme this week was monochrome. I had invisioned a wire and silver bead creation but didn't go there in the end. These are not quite finished but I decided posting slightly rough pieces was better than posting any later than today.
The rings don't fit me. I am not quite sure what fingers I intended them for but they fit none perfectly. Oh well. The plain ring has a really rough join - I'm calling it a learning experience.
This week the theme was synergy. I was planning on tackling a simple soldered silver ring but decided to go with the theme instead. These peruvian opals were supposed to have small tourmalines scattered along them but I couldn't make that work in a manner that would prevent the tourmalines from scratching the opals and still not look too busy. So the only tourmaline is the one on the dangle, and I may remove the dangle as I'm not completely happy with it.
I am completely happy with the clasp. My first S-clasp, and I soldered it onto the purchased chain with a jump ring I made as well. Not rocket science, but it pleased me greatly.
The colour in these photos is too peachy, but I wasn't able to make them accurate without comletely distorting the colour on the tourmaline.
This idea has been floating in my head for a while now. I believe it was inspired by a bracelet I saw in a store but I'm not 100% sure. I bought the amazonite nuggets specifically to try this. The wire, lobster claw, and spacers (not visible) are all sterling. This piece will be going up on Etsy later today.