My newest semi-obsession: an approximately 9" x 11" ammonite linocut. This is a test print on newsprint, just to see where the image needs to be cleaned up. I'm about as thrilled as I can be with how it is turning out.
These simple earrings combine lepidolite with Bali and new jade on one pair and with Thai silver on the other. They dangle nicely to provide the right amount of movement, with is important to me.
I ended up signing up for three Daily Showcases on Etsy. Last week I had a spot on the Gifts for Girls Valentines showcase, which resulted in all my items being viewed (between 3 and 21 times each), and a sale. My 3-strand tourmaline bracelet, pictured earlier, has gone to a new home. Thank you C, if you read this!
Yesterday I had my Naked Lady in the Gifts for Boys showcase. No sales yet, but she was viewed a whopping 68 times, so I'm happy with the decision none-the-less. I have another Gifts for Girls showcase coming up, so I need to make sure I have several more listings between now and then.
I signed up for the Daily Showcase on Etsy. Actually, I signed up for two dates on the Valentine "Gifts for Girls" special event daily showcase. My dates are January 20th (this Saturday) and February 9th (a Friday). I have done some revision on my store in preparation but need to really focus on that over the next two days.
I bought Robin Atkin's Beaded Treasures book on the weekend and just had to give it a try right away. This is the result. I am calling it "And Now For Something Completely Different" because it is. I don't know when the last time I used seed beads was, and I've never used cord of any type before. This was fun, if rather a lot of work, and I'm very happy with how it turned out.
My own lampwork, in camo colours, along with czech firepolished beads, seed beads, pearls, and some little mystery-metal spacers. The toggle is wood. This isn't something I'm goign to do a lot of but I do have a couple of other ideas floating around in my head now so it probably won't be the last in this style either.
My first submission to the new and improved Year of Jewelry was not particularly a success. I got sloppy with this one, and I'm going to have to do something to fix it, but for now it is staying as is until I've reviewed my options.
Amazonite, sterling, and one spiffy twisted cage Thai silver bead. I made the S-clasp along with both soldered rings (soldering is still new enough that I'm pleased with that).
I made these two little bracelets to go with my kids' Christmas dresses. They were done and photographed on time but I couldn't get them posted until now. Here they are in their fancy new clothes. Didn't get much in the way of pictures of them as the older one fell asleep on the couch before dinner, and ended up with the flu.