CREATIVITY JOURNAL

orangestarfishbanner2
Definition of "creative", according to my dictionary:
creating; able to create; inventive, imaginative; showing imagination as well as routine skill.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bouncing back after a dry spell

200.  Pearl and garnet earrings
I've been in a bit of a slump at my bench this summer. The rings I showed in the last couple of posts came together quite easily and then it seemed that everything I touched was a disaster. So I took a little break, did a little organization and planning, started prepping the walls of my workroom for painting, and then finished these. I worked on them on and off for ages - all through my disaster period - and I think I always expected them to end up as little molten blobs on my soldering block. In the end though everything just clicked and they came together nicely.

Deep red garnets. Lustrous freshwater pearl drops. Sterling.

I also made a single tiny stud earring. I had a terrible time photographing it and the photo below at least shows the scale. A 2mm CZ is tube set in sterling. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out and have several more colours in the works.

Teeny tiny earring

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet website, I had not noticed www.orangestarfish.blogspot.com before during my searches!
Carry on the wonderful work!