CREATIVITY JOURNAL

orangestarfishbanner2
Definition of "creative", according to my dictionary:
creating; able to create; inventive, imaginative; showing imagination as well as routine skill.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

YOJ week eleven

This week's YOJ entry is a caged iolite bangle. I've been working for a while to try to make this in a claspless style without an obvious join. This one hides the join using a thai silver bead in a size and shape that echos the stones. I am quite pleased with it, although I do want to try a variation using memory wire that should be stronger.

The other photo is a pair of earrings made for an informal contest on WetCanvas. African turquoise, amethyst, and sterling. Simple little earrings but with a compelling colour combination. I have been hoarding the amethyst, but I really have to start using some of my stash.

No comments: