CREATIVITY JOURNAL

orangestarfishbanner2
Definition of "creative", according to my dictionary:
creating; able to create; inventive, imaginative; showing imagination as well as routine skill.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

YOJ week nineteen

This was my first time tackling viking wire weave. I was pleased with how it turned out, although I was adding in new wire incorrectly at first and my joins are quite obvious. Got that figured out though, so next time will go more smoothly.

I used some sterling cones and a clasp I had on hand, but I want to make my own for future chains. This is a nice technique to become a piece that I can say "I made that all myself".

I tried to patina this, but it just turned yellow. Since it is partially fine silver and partially sterling I suspect I either need to treat it more or not at all. I shall clean it up and wear it shiny for a while, I think...

2 comments:

Christina J. said...

I think this looks great for your first time. I haven't tried viking wire weave. My mom is taking a class in it at the upcoming Bead & Button show. Good work!

Tracy said...

Thanks Christina! It is a simple concept, but I can see how practice will make a big difference in the uniformity of the weave.