This was my first time tackling viking wire weave. I was pleased with how it turned out, although I was adding in new wire incorrectly at first and my joins are quite obvious. Got that figured out though, so next time will go more smoothly.
I used some sterling cones and a clasp I had on hand, but I want to make my own for future chains. This is a nice technique to become a piece that I can say "I made that all myself".
I tried to patina this, but it just turned yellow. Since it is partially fine silver and partially sterling I suspect I either need to treat it more or not at all. I shall clean it up and wear it shiny for a while, I think...
Raspberry Key Lime Crepes
1 day ago