CREATIVITY JOURNAL

orangestarfishbanner2
Definition of "creative", according to my dictionary:
creating; able to create; inventive, imaginative; showing imagination as well as routine skill.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

YOJ weeks 18 to 21 - more catchup

Week 18

Experiment

This needs cleaning up but I was sloppy while making it because I honestly didn't expect it to turn out this well. Prong set CZ in sterling silver. I have not used prongs before.

Week 19

I cleverly dismantled my week 19 piece before I photographed it. I know that I did it which is good enough for my purposes.

Week 20

Simple little pearls

These pretty little half drilled pearls are one of three pairs I got recently. I've not worked with half drilled anything before. I wanted these to look clean so I soldered tiny posts onto tiny rings rather than doing any wire wrapping. I might have to keep these.

Week 21

Pearl earrings

I am so pleased with these! I used my new disc cutter to make the sterling discs, dapped them, soldered on earring posts, soldered on posts for the pearls, polished, tumbled, patinaed and polished again before gluing on the pearls.

5 comments:

Kendra said...

These earrings are beautiful!!!

Annette Piper said...

What gorgeous work - keep it coming!!!

Swati said...

Your prongs look good! Can we have a close up of the prongs please?

Tracy said...

Swati, it is a purchased setting. Not very exciting I'm afraid. ;-)

Tracy said...

Oh, and thank you!